This challenge proved somewhat difficult since the topics covered were fairly new to me. I found the following YouTube video to be extremely helpful. Stephen does a great job explaining the process of creating GET requests, and how to input your retrieved data into your user interface.
However, even after watching this tutorial, I was still unable to get my Quote Machine to populate with the new quotes. This would require some more investigating.
After testing my code in the console, I realized that my GET request referenced an HTTP url. What I needed was a secure HTTPS url. Easy-peasy. I changed the API url from HTTP to HTTPS, ran my code again, and…. success!
Feel free to view my finished project at my codepen.io account.
Steven Mayeux‘s Youtube videos: